Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Brand New Year. Welcome, 2011!

A brand new year! I am so excited! We are part of a new church, the Avenue, where God has enriched our souls greatly! This summer we are going to try to do a mission to either Haiti or Romania (I would DIE to go to Romania....EUROPE has always been a goal of mine to see and experience, and it would be SO fantastic if I could be there doing missions while I experience it!!!) 
Some other recent updates are:  I'll be finishing 15 hours of my grad school in a couple of months, Asa has a teaching job with a teaching salary, I'm substitute teaching full time for 8 weeks at Dixie Elementary, teaching 4th grade for a teacher on maternity leave--and from there I go to Peace Academy, a state Psych school where my wonderful sis-in-law also teaches, and I'll be finishing up my year teaching middle school English. I pray that it will possibly lead to me getting HIRED as a teacher there at Peace, as I love the school, the kids, the principle, everything! And I would LOVE to work with Jana. I submitted some of my dog photos to TF Publishing, who e-mailed me saying they would love to use them for their 2012 Dog-A-Day calendar and 2012 desktop calendars as well. I won't get reimbursement for them, but it WILL count as a publication and I am thrilled about that. One of my biggest goals for 2011 was "to get published," and 6 days in to the new year, that happened! I hope to get better at my pet photography, get more subjects to shoot, and to also be published in Brown Trout calendars, as they are another huge publishing company. Below are some photos of my Golden, Elsa, who always sits so patiently as I take her picture! I love my Golden Girl! Happy 2011, Everyone! May this be a blessed and eventful year! 







No comments:

Post a Comment