Thursday, January 28, 2010

I Surrender All

Today I was blessed with the opportunity to work the morning shift at the vet clinic where I work, instead of my usual shift. Both morning ladies were sick so I volunteered, since there were zero afternoon appointments and that way one of the techs could recep for me in the afternoon. I worked 7-1:30, went tanning afterwards, showered and afterwards I felt so humbled and blessed by God! 
I texted my neighbor Stephanie on my way home, asking if she wanted to run my dogs with me and grab lunch and she said,  "Sure!" I thought, "Wow! I have a friend I can call completely spontaneously, who can hang out!!!" After spending some good time with her, I then got the privelage to meet Jana (sister in law) at Central Park with her daughters and we walked for almost an hour just catching up and talking! It's always a good day when my sweet niece Arie screams in delight to see me and says, "Hold youuu, Ashee, hold YOU!" 
After my walk with Jana, I went to Sunergos Coffee with Asa and met my old roommate/close friend Jill! We've been friends since my freshman year of college and she seriously makes me laugh so hard I could pee my pants. I have always been her "buttercup" who she can "put in her pocket." I love it. 
While "studying" and chatting at Sunergos, I noticed two more good friends whom I haven't seen in a long time: Andy and Charlie Sims. Andy used to be such a big brother to me and his wife Meredith and I used to be great friends and practically roommates also my freshman year of college. Speaking of Meredith, she then entered Sunergos and I sprinted to her (as much as one can sprint in a coffee shop full of bodies) and squeezed her so hard. We were able to catch up briefly, share stories, our hearts...and I realized, all of these close friends of mine are all Christians who adore Jesus; and well, I just feel entirely blessed and in awe of God at the moment. 
I went from a period of longing for deep friendships or just girls that I can talk to and hang out with, and it's like all in one day God fulfilled that desire! 

Thank you, Lord, for being Real, Almighty and Sovereign!

No comments:

Post a Comment