Saturday, January 2, 2010

Mon amor, ma vie

My Love, My Life.


Honestly, I've tended to think that blogging is quite narcissistic but after watching Julie and Julia, I was quite inspired. I do not have 536 recipes to follow in 365 days, nor do I even have a project in mind, but I was inspired instead to simply just write.
I have no idea who reads these things, so I will begin with who I am. I am 21, married, with three kids under the age of four...not human children!!! My husband, Asa and I, have a 2 year old female Golden Retriever (Elsa Noel), a 3 year old chocolate Lab (Humphrey Bogart), and a 7 month old male domestic grey short hair kitty (Manchester Frank III). I'm not sure what our cat's real name is? We've always called him Manny and he goes by anything with the beginning "Man" in it--Manual, Manchester, Man Man, etc.
I will graduate from the University of Louisville May 8, 2010 and I have worked extremely hard to finish in four straight years. I moved here from Michigan with the hopes of becoming a horse racing jockey, right after graduation June 2006. I worked at Churchill Downs for 8 months and then worked for
Winstar Farm in LaGrange, KY for three. My passion for horses has not died, but my heart has definitely been worked on and I no longer dream of racing...owning Thoroughbreds someday, yes, but not being a jockey.
I was married December 20, 2008 and this past year of marriage has been blissful, exhilarating, hilarious, and of course at times, hard. Learning how to fight with your spouse is something that takes a rational and functional mind, as well as a quiet and loving spirit. Everyone told us, "The first year is the worst!" But really, our year was not bad at all! I mean of course we had some feuds, we are best friends! But when it comes down to reviewing the entire 12 months, I am grateful to be able to say we had way more laughs than we did fights.
I come from a family of five, well... six. Two parents and two big brothers and one white Labrador Retriever sister named Holly. My parents are loving and my big brothers are the best, and I received Holly for a Christmas gift 11 Christmas' ago! She immediately took to my oldest brother: he has cerebral palsy, and it would not be far-fetched to say Holly is one of his favorite things in this world. She is completely a part of our human family, she goes where we go [they really, as I don't live there anymore,] and she does everything that we [they] do. She is a gift from God and I pray she lives healthily many more years.
This is a fairly long first blog entry. Obviously there is more about me, but that brings me back to why I typically think blogs are narcissistic! So this will be a step to me. Really I would like to just explore my heart, get down to the basics of my passions and desires, and figure out where God will be taking me, especially upon graduation. At this point, I have no idea what I will do career wise. I truly enjoy genetics and therefore thought I wanted to be a genetic counselor in the prenatal specialty, but I also love hospitals and am therefore wondering if I should get an accelerated degree in nursing. I do not want to do anything that Christ does not wish...which is why I am hoping this blog can lead me and point me in His direction, as I haven't seriously "written" in a while!
Snowing outside, with 14 degree temps feeling like 2 degrees! I pray for a blizzard!


1 comment:

  1. What a neat way to start the new year by blogging. I started blogging this summer, and although I have not written anything lately, I have found that blogging helps me to organize my thoughts. Some ideas and thoughts seem less crazy when I can explain them on a blog. I also have posted a couple of essays I wrote for my Old Testament literature class, just for others to enjoy or be challenged by.

    ReplyDelete