Monday, January 4, 2010

Le Corps et Le Sang Du Christ



The Body and Blood of Christ.


I am realizing that I have a hole in my heart. Here we are, in a brand new year, 2010, and I desperately am craving fellowship. This break has not been the most productive for my quiet times, and today at church I realized that the void is largely my lack of fellowship with my Christian sisters. My first year of college I was really involved in Campus Crusade and weekly Bible Studies with my favorite girlfriends, and much of sophomore year I led a freshman Bible study. And then I met Asa, fell desperately in love, married him Dec 20, 2008, and somehow in between I lost my connections and deep, intimate fellowship with other people. Obviously, when a woman gets married, her priorities change... I wasn't exactly able to do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted! And balancing school full time, work 30-36 hours a week, and maintaining being married to this wonderful man... well, life got BUSY. Not to say that Asa and I do not have a wonderful church family, where we fellowship weekly; or even to say that I do not LOVE having quiet times with my husband--but I miss being involved with a great group of girls, sitting around a living room with coffee or snacks, just talking about our Savior. Reading scripture together, discussing what God is to us, as women...I miss that! 
So: I am praying that God will fill my void with His love, His grace, His strength and His redemption. He is so merciful and I have faith that until I find a group of girls that I can have this time of union with, I MUST be more dedicated to daily Scripture reading and prayer. 


I really have no idea what my future entails..and therefore I want to get excited about trusting God. I want to not worry about the fact that my major in Philosophy & Bioethics may get me NOWHERE associated with those things... or that this summer will be my first in two years of no school, and I hope that I do something beneficial instead of wasteful, and the list goes on.  


Hebrews 10:25 Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another! 
Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves at all times. 
Isaiah 30:21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it."


No comments:

Post a Comment