Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Time to Wait

There is a time for everything, including a time to wait. In Exodus, God did not lead the children of Israel directly to the Promised Land, instead it was more of a detour... 
In that detour however, God showed us 4 important things: 1. His guidance is always possible 2. It is sometimes perplexing 3. It is personal and 4. It is progressive. 

I have no idea what will be the outcome of the 2 interviews I had this morning with Kosair. Nor do I know which one will be the very best for me! The PCA position is going to be hands on, patient care: great for a peek into the life of a real nurse! The unit secretary is in the NICU, and as soon as I stepped into the NICU... I thought, "I love it here." The teeny, tiny babies were barely big enough to fit into my own child size hands and I was in awe. However, the nurse manager told me it was only 12 hours a week (one night) and that I could pick up any hours extra that were available. The starting pay is $11 plus a 15% increase for 3rd shift...so I just don't see how 12 hours would fit Asa's and mine lifestyle...unless I was guaranteed to pick up at least one more night. Both nurse managers in each unit were incredibly nice...the PCA position however is 36 hours a week, 3 nights, with a commitment to working every 3rd weekend (Friday and Saturday back to back.) The PCA sounds more intimidating, scary, nerve wracking and energy demanding...but again, a real glimpse into hands on nursing.
The nurse manager in the PCA interview sounded more proactive...she was in the last stage of interviewing, whereas the NICU nurse was in her very first stages...So they are at two completely different spectrums and I seriously have no idea what to expect. So: I will expect nothing. I will pray and be diligent in trusting my Father to do whatever His will is. Which one do I want? I honestly have no idea on that either...again I felt more "at home" in the NICU? Like it could potentially be "my niche?" But what do I know? I am going to celebrate in the fact that I just had two job interviews today...I prayed that someone would call me for a face to face meeting, and God made that happen the next day.

Now, I just pray that HIS will be done and not mine. I will work full time or I will work 12 hours. After getting into Norton/Kosair, I can pretty easily move around to different positions...so who is to say I will not start somewhere and end up somewhere different in several months? God is Almighty and in control of this situation, just as He is in others!  


God's reasons for detours are clearly to protect us from danger and to develop us. My heart could want one thing and God's could be saying a completely different thing. I will promise not to fear or panic or feel trapped in whatever decision HE makes for me. I could be offered both or neither or just one. I must wait and trust. 

No comments:

Post a Comment