Thursday, May 13, 2010

Officially a College Grad

May 8, 2010 officially marked the end of my college career and gave me the title "Wife, Daughter, Sister, Best Friend, Auntie, and College Graduate." At first I was dreading the long day I had ahead of me but when I woke up, showered and had my morning coffee, I became giddy and thrilled. Once my brother and his wife arrived from TN and I put on my cap & gown, I became so excited for the events that were to follow.Although throughout the day I couldn't help but to wonder what my friends and past loved ones were doing or if they were even graduating...I was also filled with humbleness and thanks to my awesome God for the accomplishments He gave me. 
I could not have done these past 4 years without my family: Mom, Dad, Nate and Seany. Even though they were not the most excited with the decision to leave home and rush into college, they supported me and were there for me with my many phone calls home. Freshman year I shed a lot of tears, more tears than I sometimes care to remember. Pain from an ex-boyfriend: regret, agony, and just plain sorrow--each and every one of them was always more than ready to listen to me weep. They were there for me while I was growing significantly in the Lord, and were so excited to listen to my adventures with Campus Crusade. My first and only [Lord willing] terrible car accident, when I shattered my head through my window--my mom was on the phone with me as soon as my head went through that glass! Basically I just wanted to share my thanks to my family for their extreme love. They are my best friends and without them, I would not be who I am today.
Also obviously my husband. I met him my second year of college and he greatly influenced my choices and passions! He also helped me strive for the Lord and seek His face in all that I did and pursued. I am a blessed woman! 

Below are some fun pictures throughout my afternoon. My sister Jana graduated with  her double master's from Bellarmine University the same afternoon, so it was a LOT of fun to celebrate together!!! 
                                            A gift from Sean and Beth.
                                    Walking off the stage, hollering with my family!


















2 comments:

  1. love the picture of you "hollering"!! so so fun!! so proud of you and all you have accomplished in these past 4 years!! you are amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete