Saturday, January 16, 2010

Conviction

Today if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts. -Hebrews 4:7



The Lord has been trying to teach me patience, joy, and appreciation. It has been revealed to me that a negative attitude comes incredibly easy for me. I am so quick to say what annoys and frustrates me in my day, instead of expressing any of the happiness that may have also existed. It is so much easier for me to get caught up in the dog hair on my hardwood floors than it is to be thankful for my thirteen foot ceilings and overly large, white windows. Where does this come from? Who have I turned into? I find myself getting angry that I am only 21, taking 16 hours of college, working a job that often brings me home at 7pm or later at night, and have so many "responsibilities." But why would bitterness be my first response? I want to be in school, I am graduating in four months! I have a decent paying job, and I am young...but I am so incredibly in love with my husband! 
I have my dream dog, MY Golden Retriever, my sweet chocolate Lab and a sweet kitten who sleeps on my face every night. Most importantly, I have salvation...Hebrews says, "In the days of his flesh, Jesus offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence. Although he was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered. And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him..."
With that being said, I am going to try very hard to think before I speak...mainly to my husband, because he is so often the victim of my complaints :/
I have SO much to be grateful for in my life. I do have more blessings than I can count and the laughter in my life does greatly exceed the tears... just for whatever reason I have a hard time celebrating that!  



"Let us set aside every weight and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, lookin to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the JOY that was set before him endured the CROSS, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God." -Hebrews 12:1,2

No comments:

Post a Comment