Monday, January 11, 2010

A Full Brain

So I am just wondering, how much knowledge can I cram into this mind of mine? I have a nutrition exam online every week, as well as crazy assignments due the same day. I then have anatomy/physiology three days a week, and am also wondering how many structures I can memorize in a session and all the functions and terminology that goes along with them? I then have a bioethical controversy grad school level class where we discuss things like suicide, "the right to die," abortion, "future generations" aka unborn children, how far a health provider's conscious should be allowed to go, and well... the list of ethical dilemmas goes on for miles. [All of which I LOVE discussing, it's one of my favorite things about my degree!!!] But then CPR and First Aid on top of that and well, basically, volleyball is the only class where I can go kick butt and not even worry about true knowledge. I know, I signed up for all of these classes. And the thing is, I REALLY enjoy them all! [Minus Medieval Philosophy!!!!!!!!!] I've been told, "You're doing school the right way, Ashley. Graduating in four straight years, taking difficult classes that actually teach you something..." Whew. If this is the right way...... 

Anyway, I just thought I would spill all this wonderful hoorah. In this trying to "figure out my future career" goal: I do love bioethics. I love sitting around a conference table with my peers discussing ethical controversies. I love hearing the professor talk about his rounds at the hospital and the different cases he has been on. The thing is, to do what he does and my other favorite professor Stephen Hanson, I would have to get my PHD!!!! Really? Plus my passion doesn't just end at wanting to be able to assist in these cases, I would love to be hands on, treating patients, being a part of the medical lingo...or would I? Hm. We'll find out I suppose! God's already working. My heart is stirred and I am enjoying my medical classes, I am just tired! I am looking forward to May 8, my graduation! And therefore three straight months of vacation! All work and no school! Being able to hang out with people and not worry about studying! Thank you, Lord, for knowledge, wisdom and strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment