Saturday, January 23, 2010

Decoupage: New Thing #1, Month #1

My New Year's resolution was two things: work out at least twice a week at U of L since it's my last semester there and well, I haven't worked out in decades. (Okay that would put me at age 11 so not possible, but still)- and my 2nd was to do something NEW with Asa that we've never done before, preferably crafty things. TODAY we did our number one thing, with time to spare since January ends in one MORE week. It was his idea, so go Asa, to decoupage an old trunk we have that isn't very cute, with our wedding photos!!! We're hoping it turns out incredible, and so far it all looks great! One picture started to bubble tonight, but it looks beautiful, in my opinion. It was fun to do something new and creative with Asa...a great way to get my mind of flunking my first A&P exam and having a pretty weird encounter with someone this past week. 

 
   
  



 
I love him so very much! 
 

 This is pretty much the finished product. We're trying to figure out if we want to do the ENTIRE thing?? Like ALL the sides as well? Not right away. We still have more decoupage layers to add to this surface. I love my family and thank God for blessing me with such a fun husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment