Friday, January 22, 2010

I Won't be Defeated

I am trying not to be defeated. I got 14 out of the 35 questions wrong today... putting me at a 60%, a D. The only time I ever got a D in college was on two economic exams--and I dropped that class after those two exams once I realized business school was not for me! I know I cannot assume the same about nursing... everyone says A&P is not a good decision factor to base the career on. But if I want to do Bellarmine's nursing program, I have to get a B in this class. We are allowed to drop the lowest test grade and use the best 5 out of 6 exams we take...but if this is any inclination to my future in this class, my standards are not high. I am trying so badly not to be a debbie downer. This was the first exam, I had no idea what to expect, she didn't prepare us at all but instead just threw a million pounds worth of information at us, and gave us 35 questions when we had covered 4 chapters. How fair is that? I've emailed several classmates and they have all said they would like to study together before the next test, which is in 2 weeks...so I am begging God to let that happen, and for it to HELP ME!  
Sometimes I wish I was one of those individuals who just "didn't care" about school...it's so hard to care as much as I do, only to be dissapointed after three long days and nights of studying. Maybe she'll give us a curve and I can manage a C- but somehow I doubt it with this instructor!! 
All I know is that I cannot FAIL this class. I have to graduate in May. So I am pleading with God for better insight and knowledge and for Him to guide me through these tests better than what happened today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment