Monday, February 8, 2010

Sitting With Jesus

I randomly decided to take a very hot bubble bath tonight after dinner and studying A&P...and I wish I liked baths better, but I unfortunately got way too hot after about 15 minutes and had to rinse off in cold water and get the heck out! 

However, in the midst of the bath, with bubbles almost suffocating me (reminding me of a song I "wrote" when I lived at home w/ my parents about bubbles suffocating me...."You stupid bubbles I haaaate youuuu. I wish you would just go chew goo." Literally...That is the start of the song. Anyway, I digress!) In the midst of the bath while reading Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World [which I've been reading FAR too long because get this, I DON'T HAVE TIME! The author would be dissapointed...] I found a section that talked about Jesus in our hearts, titled, "Making Room for the Savior." Here, she makes reference to another author Munger, who writes about having different rooms in his heart where he invites Jesus to walk around. He welcomes Jesus room by room and when they get to the "drawing room" here is where I want my own heart to be like: 
"The room was rather intimate and comftorable. I liked it. It had a fireplace, overstuffed chairs, a bookcase, sofa and a quiet atmosphere. Jesus also seemed pleased with it. He said, "Let us come together here often. It is secluded and quiet and we can have fellowship together!" Jesus promised, "I will be here every morning early. Meet with Me here and we will start the day together." So morning by morning, I would come downstairs to the drawing room and He would take a book of the Bible, open it and we would read together. He would tell me of its riches and unfold to me its truths...they were wonderful hours together! In fact, we started to call this room the 'withdrawing room.' It was a period when we had our quiet time together. Little by little, under the pressure of many responsibilies, this time would be shortened...I began to miss a day now and then...I would miss it two days and often more. One morning while in a hurry, I passed the drawing room and the door was ajar. Looking in I saw a fire in the fireplace and the Lord sitting there. "Blessed Master forgive me! Have you been here all these mornings?!?" "Yes," He told me. "I told you I would be here every morning to meet with you." Then I was even more ashamed. He had been faithful inspite of my unfaithlessness. I asked His forgiveness and He readily forgave me...Jesus said, "The trouble with you is this: You have been thinking of this quiet time as a factor in your own spiritual progress, but you have forgotten that this hour means something to Me also." 


Jesus longs to spend time with us. I have been struggling recently with the message of baptism and what it means for actual salvation. I mean, I was in literal tears recently because I thought I was on the wrong page and misguided... after vigorous study with my husband and conversation with friends, I have realized that God is above all gracious and good and HE will speak to me heart. He is SO excited over the fact that I am studying and researching and getting the answers for MYSELF. It is amazing how once I have started to study something, I just want to continue and I want to learn more! My husband is so sweet to say, "What do you want to study together now?" 
I have busy weeks filled with studying, work and enjoying my marriage. But God is SO serious when He says that HE needs time with us as well! When my quiet times begin to diminish, it is amazing to see how quickly I can forget His scriptures and what He says for us to be His followers! I am so grateful for books like Joanna Weaver's to bring me back each time...and I am so grateful for my Lord who gave me His word to fall more and more in love with each day.

1 comment:

  1. just caught up on all of your posts as i haven't even been on MY blog in over a month!! yikes-need to get caught up!!!! i'm so happy you seem to be finding more encouragement in life these past few weeks as you deserve it immensely!!

    i love you so much and am so grateful to have you in my life!! enjoy your night with ace!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete