Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Night Owl

Because I have to study for A&P I can't really write a long drawn out thought. I just wanted to post that I am alive and well after my 2 back to back 12 hour night shifts Monday and last night. 7pm-7am sure is an odd time to be awake! So far I am really enjoying my job, for the most part! The nurses haven't all completely opened up to me yet...and I don't want to feel like "just a PCA" to them, so I'm hoping I feel more welcome soon. But my preceptor and unit secretary have been wonderful and I laugh A LOT while doing rounds! The kids are amazing. It's one of the biggest blessings I've ever received to actually take care of patients, or at least FEEL like I'm "taking care of them." Listening to the infants heartbeats, taking toddlers blood pressure...it's all very fascinating and making me feel more and more like I could love nursing for my career. I am tired! But I am surviving and holding on okay. I went straight from work to school at 8am until noon today... and it was around 11:30 I started to crash. I was able to sleep about 4 hours when I came home, and I am praying I can sleep well with Asa tonight! It will be SO good to be in bed with my husband again! 2 nights apart has been okay but I miss him so much! 
I am praying earnestly that I can finish school WELL, especially in A&P! Longing for a B- in the class and at least a B in Philosophy... 5 more weeks! :) God is so good. I have learned in the past 48 hours that He REALLY and truly is ALL of my strength! What a refreshing and humbling thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment