Monday, April 12, 2010

Going Strong

Just a quick update to say that I am still doing well. My last A&P exam is tomorrow, (last one before the final that is,) and I am beyond grateful. I am so not prepared...even though I studied more than 3 hours today... it's just too much information and I am BURNED OUT on school! But I'm still shooting for good educated guesses and for the things I DO know, to be on there... 
Anyway, one day last week I was awake for FORTY hours: FORTY. STRAIGHT. My RN manager let me know she had scheduled me wrong, and that I needed at least 8 hours to make up for it on the schedule.... SO, she gave me the options of coming back to work right after class on Wednesday (after working 7pm-7am Tuesday) and working noon to eight, or sleeping a few hours and coming in from 7pm-3am that night... I'm learning quickly that I am the type of person who would rather kill themselves to reap the benefits later, rather than doing things an easier or more laid back way. So, I went to work Tuesday night, 12 hours, went to class at 8am right after work, got done with class at noon, and booked it back to the hospital for an 8 hour shift. Everyone was freaking out that I had actually came-the charge nurse said, "I want you to sit and do nothing. Walk around if you need to, but really...just sit." I of course cannot just sit... so I just helped the nurses whenever they needed it, and sat with a sweet 7 month old baby who has what's called, "cat crying syndrome." I came home with SUCH a smile on my face, praising God for being beyond real and beyond gracious with the amount of strength and energy he provided me!
I'm learning so often, that He really is ALL of my strength and all of my patience! I am rarely tired ON the job... and I usually come home with more energy than I would prefer to after working 12 hours through the night, so Melatonin is becoming a good friend of mine. [Do you know where Melatonin is released from? I do. I learned it for this exam tomorrow: the pineal gland which is in the middle of the two brain hemispheres in the epithalamus. It is a natural hormone that is released at night to help us recognize we need sleep!] Ha. And I bet $5 it won't be on the exam tomorrow. Oh well. 


Anyway: my sweet husband is alseep on the couch while I do THIS (when I NEED to be studying) because I told him I didn't want to be away from him, even if he was asleep! I am so in love with him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He has been so supportive and kind and generous to me as we BOTH adjust to this new insane schedule of mine! 

I will say this... just so I can have proof to myself that I've said it: if I NEVER had to go back to school again.... I would be beyond happy. If I could just simply have a great job that I loved that preferably had something to do with bioethics and medical ethics... I would be so ecstatic. So I am very grateful I will have this entire summer off... and I have a couple months to decide! I am 80% sure though that I WILL be pursuing nursing--> 4 classes @ JCC next year and I will be applying to Bellarmine in September.. but we will yet again see where God leads me. He is DEFINITELY trying to lead me somewhere, as He gives me this insane amount of strength and energy to do this PCA job while trying to graduate. Which is in 27 days I believe. WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 

Okay. Back to the books. Maybe.

OH and PS: my sister in law Sarah is having a BOY: Ryvers Calloway West. He is due August 12 and this is what she looks like at 21 weeks pregnant<3 GORGEOUS!!!!!! <3
And THIS is me and my sweet MAN out celebrating my birthday: 22 this year :) So crazy for my Asa Frank!

No comments:

Post a Comment