Sunday, April 4, 2010

He is Risen

 
 
Our 2nd Easter as a married couple. If my Mama hadn't sent us an "Easter Basket Box" in the mail, it would hardly feel like Easter to me!!!! I woke up early this morning and baked some sweet orange rolls for Asa and I before church--something my dad ALWAYS did on Sunday's, especially Easter. It was a great day and we had a good fellowship at church (even though we are still "church shopping" we wanted to go worship with the family.) Holiday's of course always make me feel homesick...I miss waking up knowing Sean was wide awake, already on the hunt for our baskets while our parents slept. Or sometimes he would come wake me up and say, "Ash, I found your basket!! Come look!!!" We had so much fun together. Mom and Dad would play the "hot and cold" game until we found them and squealed with delight over the (too many) goodies in our baskets! Nathan was always fun to watch hunt his basket. He would giggle and always enjoys opening things! So I miss home...but I'm glad I am married to my sweetheart to help me celebrate these special holidays (especially today, Christ rising from the grave!!!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment